ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Nervous | Respiratory | Structural | Skin | Strengthening | Calming | Uplifting
A fresh, woody, slightly floral aroma that offers a tonic effect for calming and uplifting the mind, whilst relaxing and revitalising the body.
Petitgrain essential oil is derived by steam distillation from the fresh leaves and green twigs of the bitter orange tree (Citrus aurantium). Historically, in central and south America, and Mexico, decoctions of the leaves were used medicinally. Paraguay is by far the largest producer of petitgrain essential oil.
A tonic oil known for its calming, uplifting and centring effect, it has an affinity for soothing joints, muscles and troublesome skin, and has a tonic effect on dry skin and dull, lifeless hair. Petitgrain’s toning action is effective for revitalising and energising body and mind, and can be used effectively in massage to stimulate circulation and motivate a reduction in cellulite. Strengthening, calming and uplifting, helping to dispel panic and stress by strengthening the body whilst bringing about deep relaxation.
Uses & Benefits
- Diffuse to create a fresh, uplifting atmosphere. Inhale to help ease anxiety and high stress.
- Massage after blending to relieve aching muscles and joints. Add to bathwater to promote tranquillity and peace.
- Apply diluted revitalise dry skin and dull hair.
- Blends well with Basil, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang III.
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity - may cause skin sensitising or irritation. External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.
ESSENTIAL OIL: 100% Organic Petitgrain - Citrus aurantium ssp amara
PLANT PART: Leaves
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distillation